logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] minxed-index branch ready for trunk?

From Enrico Liboni eliboni at gmail.com on Sun Jan 11 21:11:43 GMT 2015

I tested the branch, using directly the gmapsupp.img file in my device: it
is working as expected (lots of tests...) except  you can't always search
correctly for an address when  the same last word is used in different
streets names.

For example in Padova city  (Italy) the following exists:

Via Monte Santo
Via Del Santo
Via Girolamo Dal Santo
Piazza Del Santo

with the mixed-index, if I type "Santo" I get only:
Santo
in the list and if I select it shows the address in Via Monte Santo -  the
others are ignored. In general it should be beneficial  to add as a suffix
the remaining of the street name when the word is the last one:  I find
much more user friendly the behaviour I obtained in the main branch with my
custom style, where if I type Santo I get:

Santo, Via Monte
Santo, Via Del
Santo, Piazza Del
Santo, Via Girolamo Dal

in general the last word is always the most significant but it helps to
know what was the full name to distinguish different streets named after
different persons with same last name (or similar cases); not sure if this
can be a general need, for reference below is the style I used with the
main branch.

Pls. let me know your point,
Enrico

# Get the last full word if a \s (whitespace) exist in name
# if the last full word is a roman number - i.e. if a street has been named
after a King or
# a Pope - get the last two words
# set the labels used for address search (3&4):
# the 3rd label  is set with the last:word as 1st word followed by comma
and the remaining words
# the 4th label skipping the 1st word (that is usually Via, Rue, Avenida
etc, so not really useful in search)
( mkgmap:country=ITA  | mkgmap:country=FRA | mkgmap:country=CHE |
mkgmap:country=ESP) & highway=* & name ~ '.*\s.*' { set
last:word='${name|part: :-1}' }
last:word ~ '(I|II|III|IV|V|VI.*|IX|X|XI.*|XV.*|XX.*)'  {set
last:word='${name|part: >-3}' }
last:word=*  { set mkgmap:label:3='${last:word}, ${name|part: <-1}';set
mkgmap:label:4='${name|part: >1}' }