logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Solution to show transliterated name if no other ascii name exists

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sun Jan 11 16:59:01 GMT 2015

sorry - for not confirming back then (or I think I did confirm, but maybe
in a different thread). I'm still using the patch without problems.
I had and will have for the next weeks some time constraints - but will be
more active on the mailing list from Feb onwards again.

I still think it's useful BTW. (main gripe being that some new units like
edge 1000, GPS Maps 64 series and some new Nuvis don't work with mkgmap
unicode maps and report maps locked.
I would guess Andrzej is the expert on this - but what I remember he also
saw no easy (without completely reprogramming mkgmap) solution to get
around the prob.

Felix

On 11 January 2015 at 17:39, Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> wrote:

> On 11/01/15 06:34, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>
>> I see. Seems that the patch
>> transliterate_filter.patch
>> was never committed.
>>
>> @Steve:
>> Maybe you forgot about it because Felix never confirmed that it works
>> for him?
>>

> Yes that's right.  I think it works but didn't seem to for anyone
> else ;(  If it is useful I can add a test or two and commit it.
>
> ..Steve

Floragasse 9/11
1040 Wien
Austria - Österreich