logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem in splitter (Africa)

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 5 21:14:23 GMT 2015

Hi Stephen,

last year mkgmap failed for a tile in Canada because of
a special case, see my post:
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/ontario-canada-maps-tp5798080p5798490.html

At that time I changed mkgmap so that it doesn't
generate as many POI for these ways, and maybe later
we also changed the split algo in mkgmap to
avoid this problem.
I think there is no good reason to use a very small --max-nodes
value when you plan to create a map for a country
or continent. It may be useful for the new devices with only
8 MB on a memory card.

Gerd

steve sgalowski wrote