logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Lake Geneva is dry - fixed

From Hanspeter hanspeter.gysin at bluewin.ch on Mon Jan 5 18:16:57 GMT 2015

Hi Gert

I did it manually (downloaded rectangle after rectangle of the border line in josm, until I found the wrong part (see attachment)).

A better and faster approach would be a query on the osm data base.

Example script to use on overpass-turbo.eu - Execute this script with a partial view of lake geneva on the map:

/*

This shows the border line of lake geneva in overpass-turbo.eu

*/

[out:json];

(

  relation[name='Lac Léman']({{bbox}})->.cr;

);

out body;

>;

out skel qt;

Then you click inside and the area of the multipolygon will be filled (don't know how it looked before the fix ;-)

I don't understand the details of the query yet and did't things like this before, but I sure will use it in the future - while refining my map style

Regards, Hanspeter