logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v2] addr:interpolation

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Dec 22 13:34:05 GMT 2014

Hi WanMil,

the reason is that we have multiple OSM ways with the name Rosewood,
and RoadMerger doesn't merge them all to a single way.
So, a list of roads with the name Rosewood is processed
against a list of housenumbers.
Now, e.g. the node 427882156 with number 170
is closer to the OSM way 29272180 than to
way 29272175, which would be the better match
when you notice the addr:interpolation way.

Same happens with other nodes, so that some
road segments get only one number instead of two.
As a result, the map doesn't contain enough
information for a good interpolation.

The patched version is a bit better although it
doesn't solve the initial problem, it just adds
more data so that each road segement has at least
a few correct numbers.
Maybe I find a way to code a plausibilty test
for the numbers, I need something like that also
for the addr:place evaluation.

Gerd