logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] check length in substring style function

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Dec 17 08:27:37 GMT 2014

Hi all,

attached is 2nd version of the patch. Steves test showed an error in my 1st patch.
I've also added tests for the part function.

I noticed that it is currently not possible to use ":" as a separator in the part style function.
Seems not to be needed?

Gerd

Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 09:22:05 +0000
From: steve at parabola.me.uk
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] check length in substring style function

Hi Gerd

> I forgot to answer this post from gbbickerton:
> "May i suggest  that a test is made to check that the string is long
> enough before applying this filter otherwise an exception occurs .It
> would be unsafe to use this filter in any style without such a test. "

Well remembered, thanks.

It could also do with some tests, I've attached some.

I would like to use SyntaxException instead of ExitException for
all cases where an error can be detected at compile time
in a style file.

I realise that ExitException was already used in that class.
PartFilter is the only other example I can see where it does
not use SyntaxException.

..Steve