logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multi-word street search

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Dec 13 09:49:05 GMT 2014

Hi

> But this raises an important point. I may not be working with the
> translated form of the word.  I made changes to deal with that but
> they were after mixed index was branched I think. The more
> transliteration there is the worse the index would be if that is the
> case.

OK I am talking nonsense here :)  As the index is created by reading the
names from the compiled tiles, then we do have the exact text of the
labels to work with already.

So I expect that it should be working for single tiles with single
byte character sets. Different rules may apply for unicode and ascii,
and with more than one tile there may be bugs.
There is still the not-found problem, which I will get back to.

..Steve