logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multi-word street search

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Fri Dec 12 15:32:28 GMT 2014

Hi,

I don't know details about MDR format but what is bothering me is the
dual format of labels used in creating index. Label can be in Garmin
format, with special codes for shields and some separators, or with
"clean" format, where special codes are removed or replaced by space.

What is unclear for me, is how to use offset inside labels, since offset
to a word in Garmin format could be different than offset to the same
word in clean format. This could be a bigger problem for Unicode or
ASCII labels (if these are supported for index). That's why I'm using
code-page=1252 at a moment.

I have moved changes from mixed-index to trunk and compiled a map of
Europe (I like option drive-on=detect). I'm using my own style, where
street names aren't prefixed with street number in a shield - this
doesn't look good in nuvi. I have tried searches proposed by Carlos in
Mapsource:

Avenida - gives too much results to find proper street,
Avenida de ab - easy to find and  correct search,
Za-P-2661 - correct search,
nunez - too many results to find Abelardo Nuñez

I think for code-page=1252 index works correctly. There could be
problems, but current results are encouraging.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej