logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multi-word street search

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Dec 12 14:14:28 GMT 2014

Hi Carlos,

> I use --latin1 --code-page=1252
okay.
  @Steve: Just to make sure because my previous post was unclear:
the map created with
java -jar mkgmap.jar --route --housenumbers --index --bounds=f:\osm\bounds-latest.zip --nsis --unicode    63240001.osm.pbf
from trunk works as expected in Mapsource, and I see no messages like "Street not valid in this map"
when I select one of the listed roads, also the ones starting with numbers work fine.

The same options used with the branch (r3368) gave a completely wrong result, e.g.
search for "ignacego" didn't show any road starting with "Ignacego", same with "paderew"

Much better results with r3369 (and --unicode) .
Search for "ignacego" and "jana" and "jana pa" look good, but "paderew" is wrong.
(As you mentioned, the "street not valid problem " remained)

On the other hand, the results without --unicode look worse now with r3369.
Search for "ignacego", "jana", "jana pa" show nonsense, only "paderew" looks
good. Seems that the search works only when searching for the last word.