logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with subversion?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Dec 9 15:49:22 GMT 2014

Hi Thorsten

>The client is subversion 1.8.10
>The command is
>svn co http://svn.parabola.me.uk/mkgmap/branches/mixed-index

[as an aside, you should use svn.mkgmap.org.uk, as I can't guarantee
that svn.parabola.me.uk will always work. I don't believe it will
make any actual difference at the moment though.]

I didn't find much on Google - there are similar problems that on
affect certain clients or locations.  Only thing that I thought
possible was a bug in libserf.

Other possible problems were corrupted .svn directory problems
with authentication, neither seem likely here though.

Couple of links:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24050271/subversion-checkout-fails-with-access-violation-in-svn-wc-add-repos-file4
Suggests that ungrading libserf to 1.3.6 might help

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/tortoisesvn/3kJ-ybLF80A/BcbvV4DmGYAJ
Is a description of a problem with the same server side symptoms, no
solutions though...