logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Track rendering on device

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Nov 25 08:52:25 GMT 2014

Hi Patrik,

I also see this from time to time, but I think it happens only when I touch
the display so that the device switches into a different mode. I don't know
how Garmin calls it, I call it move mode. In this mode the device shows a small
arrow in the bottom left corner, and it is no longer changing the map center
to my position.  Could this be your case?

Gerd

From: KeenOnKites at gmx.net
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:43:43 +0100
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Track rendering on device

I have from time to time an issue on my 450t that might belongs into the same category.... 'unfortunately' also with mkgmap created maps (fzk) as I normally don't use the official garmin ones:

If I look at the garmin after a while in action (moving) it happens from time to time that the displayed recorded track (my actual movment) diplays wrong. It does not display my real movement but just has a straight line from somewhere off the map to the actual position.... as soon as the display get's updated (because it's turning due to my movment) or I zoom in/out it's displayed correctly again...

Actually I've noticed this only on the 450t not on any other garmins I use with the same maps (eTrex 30, Monterra).... if I remember correctly.

Not sure if it's the same, a similare or a complete other issue....

Cheers

Patrik