logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Track rendering on device

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Nov 25 08:17:49 GMT 2014

Hi all,

I wonder if this is a problem that is specific for maps generated with
mkgmap :
When I chose a track as target for routing the track is displayed as a
magenta line. When I follow this track on my bicycle the device sometimes
fails to render the map, as a result large areas are flooded with magenta .
The device is an Oregon 450t.
The problem disappears when I move a few meters or chose a different zoom
level. I'm never able to reproduce the problem at home, so I guess
it is related to the movement, maybe combined with low batteries.
I did not yet try if the latest changes regarding MapSplitter improved
this.
Did anybody else see this effect in original Garmin maps?
Any idea what the reason is?