logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Assertion error with r3350

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Nov 21 08:43:39 GMT 2014

Hi Steve,

I wondered why the patched version produces slightly smaller img
files. If I got that right, the reason is that street numbers and phone
numbers containing a "-"  are encoded as "simple number" now ?

Gerd

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:48:44 +0000
From: steve at parabola.me.uk
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Assertion error with r3350

Hi

Thanks for reporting this.

There was more than one problem.  Although, since the number that is
read is not used, most of the fixes will not be noticeable.

The visible problems that are fixed are:

1. Any house or phone number that began with ':' and had an even
number of characters overall would crash.

2. Any house or phone number that contained a ':' would have it
converted to '-'.

Patch attached and a pre-compiled jar is at
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/230/mkgmap.jar

..Steve