logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] stats about style rules

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Nov 20 07:44:00 GMT 2014

Hi Steve,

> I think that since you have an option to enable the report it should
> print to stdout rather than also having to configure logging to
> see anything.

I'd prefer that too, but that would require to collect the stats
for all tiles, else we'd have problems with the multithreading,
and in theory one may have multiple style-files
in one mkgmap execution. So, I used options like --report-dead-ends
and --report-similar-arcs as examples.

> Perhaps printStat() could be a method on Rule, rather than having the
> two getters?

Maybe yes. I thought about sorted reports (ordered by usage),
so I wanted the values, but now I think that we should keep the order in the style.
I'll try to code your proposal.