logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Driving on Trail

From UliBaer ulibaer at gmail.com on Mon Nov 17 08:28:23 GMT 2014

GerdP wrote
> Hi Brian,
>
> I never saw this text on my Oregon. If I got you right,
> you have two routable lines for the same OSM way,
> the device routes you over the way for the car,
> but it displays the info for the sidewalk.
> Could this be the reason?
>
> Gerd

Hi Gerd,

i can second this behavior on my etrex Vista. The unit definitely routes on
the sideway/bicycle-way and on the next crossing it tries to route onto the
main road. I don't get it, how it "thinks", i am on the sideway, when there
*is* a road and it is in car mode. :?

I will try to filter "unwanted" data out of the dataset with osmfilter.

Declaring the sideways not routeable would render the "route for
pedestrians"-mode useless, i think?

Uli