logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Optimizing MapSplitter

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Nov 15 11:06:54 GMT 2014

Hi Andrzej,

yes, I did not test with your data yesterday
and did not notice an old problem with high precision coordinates.

Attached is a new patch that implements both changes
which I suggested here:
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Optimizing-MapSplitter-tp5823702p5824224.html

I am not sure about the criteria.
The line
final int LARGE_OBJECT_DIM = 1024;
gives a measurement for large objects in map units.
Each large object is placed in its own sub div.

The line
int wantedSize = MAX_RGN_SIZE / 10; // smaller values result in more sub divs
determines the approx. number of bytes
in one sub div.
A value near 0 means many very small sub divs, a value near MAX_RGN_SIZE
is what the trunk version uses.

Maybe we have to create parameters for them.

Gerd