logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Building northeast map

From Brian Egge brianegge at gmail.com on Thu Oct 30 12:30:02 GMT 2014

Looking closer, I think it should be able to pick up the country from the
is_in:country tag, which is often set on cities and states.

The address rules contain:
# first set the country code
mkgmap:country!=* & mkgmap:admin_level2=* { set
mkgmap:country='${mkgmap:admin_level2}' }
mkgmap:country!=* & addr:country=* { set mkgmap:country='${addr:country}' }
mkgmap:country!=* & is_in:country=* { set mkgmap:country='${is_in:country}'
}

An example city is Danbury:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/33271879
which has the country set:
is_in:country
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:is%20in:country?uselang=en-US>USA
is_in:country_code
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:is%20in:country%20code?uselang=en-US>
US
I think it should be picking up the country from these tags. I'll have to
run some tests to see why this isn't happening.

Thanks.
Brian