logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problematic routing on road_class=3 ferry routes for hikers

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Wed Oct 22 12:59:08 BST 2014

Gerd wrote:
> I tried
> route=ferry & (motorcar=no | motor_vehicle=no | foot=yes & access=no |
> foot=yes & vehicle=no) {add mkgmap:ferry=1} [0x1b road_class=0
> road_speed=0 resolution 23]
> route=ferry {add mkgmap:ferry=1} [0x1b road_class=3 road_speed=0
> resolution 19]
>
> but this still doesn't catch this one:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/24222964
>
> which doesn't look like a ferry for motor_vehicles, but doesn't say
> so.
> I guess this is a matter of missing tagging and not missing rules?

Hi Gerd
I guess missing tagging on OSM, this should be repaired, because now it would also allow cars (ferry is connected with ways that are accessible for cars). See also http://www.vvvaalsmeer.nl/recreatief/veerdienst (ferry looks too small for cars ;-))

But anyway, I agree it doesnt catch all ferries that are accessible for pedestrians. There is another way to approach this issue, by adding a separate routable line 0x1b with road_class=0 for pedestrians only:

route=ferry & foot!=no {set foot_ferry=yes; set foot=no; add mkgmap:ferry=1 } [0x1b road_class=3 road_speed=0 resolution 19 continue with_actions]
route=ferry & foot_ferry=yes {setaccess=no; set foot=yes} [0x1b road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 23]

I tested it in Basecamp and it seems to work fine.