logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] link ways to pois

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Aug 13 14:10:23 BST 2014

Now I just noticed in some cities people used noexit=yes in abundance
for ways like highway=service & access=private, or footway=sidewalk plus
access=private. Now as I decided to render noexit=yes - but not the
above sidewalk or access=private highway=service, I get quite a few
"floating" points shown in the map.

Would there be way to reference the underlying line into the points file
- basically the opposite of link-pois-to-ways..

In that case one could have:

noexit=yes & ( mkgmap:lines:highway!=service &
mkgamp:lines:access!=private ) to not show them...

This is not really a big thing, and I don't know many other cases where
such an option would be useful. So I don't expect it to be implemented.
More just like a note - if it's easy to implement it would be nice....

(another approach would be to define in the lines file to remove any
points of the line under condition X- but I think that would be a bit
more complicated).

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org