logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] help needed

From Lambertus osm at na1400.info on Fri Aug 1 14:35:17 BST 2014

I'm not sure if it is of any help, but with http://yournavigation.org
(which also uses OSM) you can specify which distance algorithm to use.
It uses this PHP class for the calculations:
https://github.com/treffynnon/Geographic-Calculations-in-PHP

Available methods:
Vincenty
Simplified great circle
Haversine
Cosine

Add a &v= parameter to the request to choose the algorithm:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/YOURS#Parameters

/offtopic: I see YOURS should be upgraded with the new class...