logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sub Descriptions in gmapsupps

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Jul 4 23:16:49 BST 2014

Hi Nick

> I've done some more research and it seems that there is more to it than
> simply adding an extra 0x50 block - even copied the  mapinstall mps block
> into the mkgmap.img &  adjusted the length of the block & maintaining the
> fid accordingly
> The results are still the same :

OK interesting.  I've found that I can get the subtitle if I set
offset 0x0e in the gmapsupp to 1 (and perhaps you need all the other
things in mps too - it was the last thing I tried ;)

However setting 0xe is problematic in other ways - about displaying in
Basecamp if I remember.

..Steve