logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why is there a code-page in the .typ-file? And - is there a code-page a gmapsupp.img?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Jun 30 19:50:17 BST 2014

Oh well - I just noticed the Garmin winter activity map is also in
unicode and the .typ-file is also code-page 65001. Well so actually
mkgmap should correct the code-page in the .typfile if creating a
gmapsupp.img if code-page is given...
(well I use gmt.exe to change the code-page now.)

I don't know if changing the .typ-file code-page to 65001 will help on
the earlier issue of maps showing unlocked on edge 1000 / gpsmaps 64
with newest firmware. Well soon I think there must be a new Oregon 6x0
firmware update too, and I suppose that changes to the new security
mechanisms too - then it will affect much more users...

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org