logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Solved] Problem with multiple TYP files

From Andy Street andy at street.me.uk on Sun Jun 29 00:34:33 BST 2014

On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 23:10:29 +0100
Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> wrote:

> Combining two gmapsupp files ought to work, although this is something
> that is rarely done so is less well tested.

My initial approach was to build the "gmapsupp.img" file in one go
rather than combining them but after running into the TYP problem I
added more steps to try and narrow down where it was failing.

> I tried to reproduce this and I found a couple of problems.
>
> 1. If the two input files contain a TYP file with the same name, then
> there does appear to be only one in the final gmapsupp.
> If that is what is happening for you, then a workaround is to
> make sure that they have different names, as that works for me
> in my test anyway.

There's my stupid rookie mistake! :)

After creating two styles with an identical directory structure I
thought nothing of adding a "typ.txt" file to each style. I've now
renamed the TYP files using the family id for uniqueness and it is
working perfectly.

Many thanks for your help Steve.

--
Regards,