logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] improve multipolygon throughput

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jun 18 17:34:30 BST 2014

Hi all,

while looking at the boundary preprocessor code I found
a nice improvement for the multipolygon code.
Some mp relations contain many small polygons which are added
to one java area.
This works much faster when the small polygons come first.
I've committed the patch in the new bounds branch which also
contains other improvements.

@WanMil:
With this patch, the calculation of complex boundary relations
is ~ 4.5 times faster. I've tested this with the old version of the
south-america boundaries: r3303 reqired ~ 2774 secs, r3304 612 secs
Do you see any possible problems?

Gerd

small_first-v1.patch
<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5808968/small_first-v1.patch>