logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Customised Style Files - <finalize> section

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Wed Jun 4 17:03:30 BST 2014

To make minor customisations of the default style, it is necessary to
unpack the files and edit them, e.g. by putting an include near the
start of each file.

If I understand rightly, the <finalize> section is executed for all
matches, even if they have already been matched previously. Am I right
here? If this is the case, the include could appear in the <finalize>
section and would override earlier rules.

It would save unpacking and editing each file if the <finalize> section
always contained an include of a customisation file, which the user
could specify with a command line option (e.g.
--user-custom-style=path). If this did not exist, it could be ignored or
point to a default dummy file.

Is this a useful and feasible idea?

Thanks,

Roger