logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] subst function and literal dots in regular expressions

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun May 25 11:49:02 BST 2014

On 25/05/14 11:14, Colin Smale wrote:
> I am trying to normalise street names by removing any dots. So far I
> have been unable to get the subst function to do what I want. The
> problem seems to be getting the dot to be taken literally in the subst
> parameters.
>
> I have tried:
>
> a) set newname='${name|subst:. +=> }'

Originally subst was a straight forward string replacement. So

   ${name|subst:.=> }

would replace each dot with a space. Also because multiple spaces are
combined into one elsewhere this actually has the effect you want in
this case.

Regular expressions were added later and you need to use ~> instead
of => to indicate this.  So this will work:

   ${name|subst:\.+~> }

It may just be an email formating issue, but in your email there is a
space after the '.'; make sure that there isn't one in your style
file.

..Steve