logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r387

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue May 20 19:14:43 BST 2014

Hi all,

right after the merge to trunk I noticed that the split algo
is not fully predictable (and it never was).
It is possible that a file is split very well with a max-nodes=x
and much worser with max-nodes=x-1000 or max-nodes=x+1000

This also means that the new --num-tiles option
may not work with e.g. --num-tiles=1000 for Europe.
I may also disable the support for polygons in combination
with --num-tiles. I think nobody needs this and
the calculation time can be extreme.

I try to find a better algo, in the meantime you may
try to increase or decrease max-nodes a little bit
if splitter doesn't find a good split.