logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter removes multipolygon-tags

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun May 11 16:20:57 BST 2014

Hi Henning,

please try r332:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=splitter&path=%2F&rev=332

The osm ways must have a tag name and a tag mapid.
This is how it works:
1) read the osm ways, create one polygon for each OSM way
2) combine all polygons (this may create "islands")
3) use this combined polygon as if it was read with the --polygon-file option
4) split
5) for each named polygon, create the files
<name>-templates.args
<name>-areas.poly
optional: <name>-<kml-file>.kml

Attached is your examle and the output files created for an older Europe densities.txt.

Gerd

Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 12:24:49 +0200
From: osm at aighes.de
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] splitter removes multipolygon-tags

Hi Gerd,

I created a example based on my map of Germany (highway=motorway) and
Alps (highway=primary).

My thoughts are, that splitter creates based on these two polygons
three temporary polygons. One containing area only touched by Germany
(landuse=forest), one containing area only touched by Alps
(landuse=farmland) and one containing area touched by both
(landuse=military).

The result will be three list of tiles. The naming of tiles isn't
important.

Also splitter should output two templates.args (for each input-poly
one), as you already wrote. The file for Germany should contain all
tiles in forest-area and military-area, the file for Alps military and
farmland.

Henning