logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter removes multipolygon-tags

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun May 11 07:24:36 BST 2014

Hi Henning,

If you don't mind to have a map of e.g. Germany which also contains
small parts of other areas, I think the fastest way is this:

combine your *.poly files so that you have one henning.poly
that contains the areas for which you want to create maps.
Execute splitter with --polygon-file=henning.poly --max-nodes=...
--stop-after=split --write-kml=splitter.kml planet.o5m

If you have an actual densitites_out.txt for planet,
you can also copy it to the working directory and rename it to
densities.txt. Splitter will use this file instead of reading
the planet.o5m, and the program finishes within seconds.

As a result you have a kml file and an areas.list.
The next step would be to re-combine the areas
so that they build the maps that you want to create.

If you need the same tile for two maps, but with different mapids,
I suggest to copy the output file of splitter. Maybe a small script
is needed to perform this step.

Gerd