logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with adjust-turn-headings

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat May 10 16:34:45 BST 2014

Hi WanMil,

sorry, I read the comments multiple times, but I also don't know what it
does
in detail. It changes the "initial heading" value of an arc if some
criteria are met, this initial heading value is written to the img file
and Garmin uses it to calculate the angle between two arcs.
This angle has an influence on routing (sharp angles are avoided)
and it is used to create hints like "turn left" or "keep left".
I did never try to find out if the used threshold values are good.
I am pretty sure that the algo is not aware that one OSM way
may be used for multiple routable ways, so if you have a closer
look, please check this as well.

Gerd

WanMil wrote