logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with barrier=gate and access=no

From Nelson A. de Oliveira naoliv at gmail.com on Thu May 8 20:41:52 BST 2014

Hi!

I am creating a local map with mkgmap (r3262), with the default style
and the following relevant options:

        --add-pois-to-areas \
        --add-pois-to-lines \
        --adjust-turn-headings \
        --check-roundabout-flares \
        --check-roundabouts \
        --code-page=1252 \
        --drive-on-right \
        --gmapsupp \
        --housenumbers \
        --latin1 \
        --levels=0:24,1:22,2:20,3:18,4:16,5:14 \
        --location-autofill=is_in,nearest \
        --make-poi-index \
        --merge-lines \
        --min-size-polygon=8 \
        --name-tag-list=int_name,name,alt_name \
        --poi-address \
        --pois-to-areas-placement="entrance=main;entrance=yes;building=entrance"
\
        --polygon-size-limits=24:12,18:10,16:8,12:4,10:0 \
        --preserve-element-order \
        --process-destination \
        --process-exits \
        --reduce-point-density=3 \
        --reduce-point-density-polygon=8 \
        --remove-short-arcs \
        --report-dead-ends \
        --report-similar-arcs \
        --route

>From what I see at points (from the default style), we have:

barrier=gate
    { add mkgmap:bicycle=yes;
      add mkgmap:foot=yes;
      addaccess no;
      set mkgmap:road-speed=0; }

If I properly understand this, by default we will have an access=no
for vehicles when it finds a barrier=gate (and it should have the same
effect where we have barrier=gate + access=no).
But I am seeing an user saying that on places where there are
barrier=gate + acess=no (like this node
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2702166795), his GPS Garmin nüvi 40
is still routing him through this way (while OSRM properly understands
the acess restriction).

How can I verify if mkgmap is properly creating a restriction on
barriers that have acess=no, please? (I don't own a Garmin to test,
just in case)

Thank you!

Best regards,
Nelson