logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] The --route option

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Sat May 3 16:29:47 BST 2014

Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> writes:

> I think we should remove (ignore) the --route option, as it is mandantory.
> If possible, we should allow to create maps that don't contain
> a NOD section, I think this is wanted by some users.

I'm not sure what you mean.  It sounds like having
basic/advanced/routing is desireable from the list consensus.  But I
would suggest that routable maps be the default, when mkgmap is invoked
without special arguments.  Perhaps keep --net and --route, but allow
--no-net and --no-route and make --net and --route default (and of
course make route imply net)