logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access_country for default style

From paco.tyson at free.fr paco.tyson at free.fr on Sat May 3 09:00:05 BST 2014

Selon Stéphane MARTIN <st3ph.martin at laposte.net>:

> Hi,
Hi Stéphane, hi all

I reply to Stéphane but I think everyone should read and may reply as I have
general questions.

> Does this proposal makes sense for France ?
> According to

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions#France

I don't understand this page as you do. I read this table as : which traffic
mode is allowed *by default* (when the OSM way has no access tag defined, only
the highway tag).

> # France (FRA)
>
> highway=trunk & mkgmap:country=FRA
>   { add bicycle=no; add foot=no }

Correct, we can duplicate this one for motorway also.

> highway=cycleway & bicycle=designated & mkgmap:country=FRA
>   { add foot=no }
> highway=cycleway & mkgmap:country=FRA
>   { set mkgmap:foot=yes; }

As I explained in the beginning, the rules are :
highway=cycleway & mkgmap:country=FRA
  { set mkgmap:access=no; set mkgmap:bicycle=yes;}
highway=cycleway & foot=yes & mkgmap:country=FRA
   { set mkgmap:access=no; set mkgmap:bicycle=yes; set mkgmap:foot=yes; }

I don't even think the second rule is needed.

> highway=bridleway & horse=designated & mkgmap:country=FRA
>   { add bicycle=no; add foot=no }
> highway=bridleway & mkgmap:country=FRA
>   { set mkgmap:foot=yes; set mkgmap:bicycle=yes; }

This one is tricky, I'm no horse rider but I think bridleways have no legal
definition in France. I understand there are only paths which may be allowed to
horse riders. I'd consider them as highway=path. But this should be discussed
with the French OSM community, not here. So for now, let's apply the wiki table
:

highway=bridleway & mkgmap:country=FRA
   { set mkgmap:access=no; set mkgmap:horse=yes;}

BTW, I don't remember mkgmap:horse exists, correct ? So what should we do with
them ?

Do we need to define rules for all the other highway tag values (primary,
secondary, tertiary, unclassified, residential, living_street, track, footway
and pedestrian) ? Are they handled by mkgmap by default ?

> Steph

Paco