logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bounds and Sea Data on mkgmap.org.uk -- still old creation process.

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri May 2 14:32:47 BST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 30, Lambertus wrote:

> Well Mkgmap.org.uk points to one of my servers, that's why I responded.
> Looking through the Mkgmap options doesn't offer obvious hints, so maybe
> Thorsten can elaborate on this?

I don't use any special options, and I don't where Felix sees that
my data is bigger then yours.

The bounds files are 1.3GB for both versions (Ok, my ones are slightly
lager by some MB, but they are also 3 weeks newer).
Ok, the sea data from Lambertus is only 143MB and my one is 174MB.
but again, there are three weeks between them and I know a month
ago or so my sea data had about the same size.

I guess the different size has more to do with changes in the OSM
database then anything else.

  Thorsten