logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] strange routing

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri May 2 13:59:33 BST 2014

Hi Felix,

on the other hand, the test that prints the messages below may also be out-dated.
I am no longer sure that the use of routable types for non-routable lines really breaks
routing. I'll have to search the archives to find out why I've coded that test.

Gerd

Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 14:56:10 +0200
From: extremecarver at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] strange routing

    I know that a long time ago I tried 0x15 - and it would not route on
    my Vista HCx - but mind - that's a long time ago. Never tried id
    since...

    On 02.05.2014 14:54, Gerd Petermann
      wrote:

      Hi Minko,

        yes, MapSource uses type 0x15 for routing.

        When I add it to the list of routable types --check-styles
        complains about other lines in your style:

        Warning: routable type 0x15 is used for non-routable line with
        level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 296

        Warning: routable type 0x15 is used for non-routable line with
        level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 297

        Warning: routable type 0x15 is used for non-routable line with
        level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 298

        Warning: routable type 0x15 is used for non-routable line with
        level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 299

        Warning: routable type 0x15 is used for non-routable line with
        level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 341

        Warning: routable type 0x15 is used for non-routable line with
        level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 342

        Warning: routable type 0x15 is used for non-routable line with
        level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 345

        So I am not sure if I should simply commit that.

        Does anybody else use type 0x15 for lines?

        Gerd

        > Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 13:12:15 +0200

          > From: ligfietser at online.nl

          > To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk

          > Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] strange routing

          > Hi Gerd

          > Yes, seems 0x15 is routable.

          > > forgot to mention that --check-styles complains
          about line 266 in the

          > > lines file:

          > > highway=bridleway & bicycle!=yes &
          bicycle!=designated &

          > > bicycleroute!=yes & mtb_from_relation!=yes &
          mtb!=yes {add access =

          > > no; add foot = yes; set mkgmap:unpaved=1} [0x2915
          road_class=0

          > > road_speed=0 resolution 23]

          > > Type 0x2915 is in the overlays file :

          > > 0x2915: 0x15, 0x29

          > > Do you think type 0x15 is routable?

          > > Gerd

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org