logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap ToDo list

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Apr 30 12:47:28 BST 2014

On 30.04.2014 13:36, Lambertus wrote:

> To get a better optimum in file size, using the process I described
> earlier, you could start off with a huge --max-nodes setting and then
> 'search' for the highest --max-nodes that works for each specific area.

Well that's basically what I do. I have for all areas a rather high
max-nodes, and If I see it crashes on a tile, the next week I decrease
it. However in reality I should also increase it sometimes - but that
would be even more work.
Some nice interaction between mkgmap calling splitter in order to keep
track of crashing tiles due to too high max-nodes would be great. I
cannot run multiple mkgmap.jar threads, as my server only has 12GB of
RAM - and that works out to exactly running a single mkgmap.jar instance
using max-jobs=8 --- plus multithreading the nsis.exe in the background
as nsis packing is super slow... (damn, when will they ever update nsis
to lzma2 and a rather recent .7z version - also getting rid of 2GB limit)..