logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] oneway reverse patch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Apr 25 06:43:51 BST 2014

On 25.04.2014 12:26, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> okay, I think that this explains your problems. The current code in
> mkgmap simply doesn't
> expect lines based on the same OSM way to go in different directions.
> I am pretty sure that you get unpredictable results when doing that.
>
> In most places I don't see a problem to support that, but I fear that the
> code for restriction relations will be a problem.
> Thinking about it...
Well I'm still using --no-turn-restrictions anyhow....

However I would see a second possibility. Create another file in the
style-file called direction-dependent-lines
where one lists all types
(0x?????
0x??
0x????
)
that mkmgap may not reverse because the outcome is dependent on the
direction of the way due to the layout chosen in the typfile.

Or add all tags - but that would be less reliable.

Anyhow - the turn-restrictions are still a mystery to me - both in
mkgmap as well as in OSM. I'm pretty sure 50% of the turn restrictions
in OSM will not be followed by cyclists (either they actually don't have
to, or there are quicker possibilities (e.g. using the footway crossing)
or simply knowing that noone cares what cyclists do in that case...
Especially I would say no cyclists respects right turn restriction in
drive-right countries (and some vice-versa for drive-left).
Therefore for now I still prefer to completly disrespect them in the map.