logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r3177 and open question

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Apr 10 17:35:10 BST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> r3177 should fix the reported crashes.

Thanks, I will test later.

> I am not sure  what to do in these cases.
> The typical reason is that the restriction is valid, but one of the ways is not a
> road (style doesn't assign road_speed or road_class).
>
> I guess I should change the level to warning in such a case?

If it is because one of the ways is not routeable: yes, please.

> The alternative would be to add a tag like highway=unclassified to
> the ways used in restriction relations if they don't have a highway=* tag.

I doubt that this will help at all. I checked some of this
restrictions: they contain a highway=* tag, but for some
reasons I decided in my style to make them non-routeable or
don't add them at all, for example if it is highway=construction
or highway=proposed.

  Thorsten