logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] separate level2 boundary files

From Michał Rogala michal.rogala at gmail.com on Mon Apr 7 11:39:41 BST 2014

Hi!

I have a suggestion for additional functionality of mkgmap. It would be
great if it was possible to provide separate directory with level 2
boundaries. Very often I need to create an OSM extract that covers parts of
a few countries in Europe - level2 boundaries generated from such extract
are incomplete and therefore country assignment for POIs/streets doesn't
work.

To solve such problem I could generate boundaries for whole Europe, but
only for level2 and add/merge it with local boundaries.

best regards

Michal Rogala