logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Is mkgmap now producing fully compatible maps built at resolution=23 instead of 24?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Apr 3 09:21:04 BST 2014

I just wondered, is mkgmap now producing fully working maps if the
highest resolution is 23 instead of 24?
(meaning no problems with autorouting, no problems with simplyfing
filters, address search and so on?).

BTW - if it is - it would be cool if one could specify "0x1c resolution
highest" or "0x1c resolution X" instead of 24 or 23 to quickly change
between producing a map with resolution 24 and 23 for testing... (I know
this could be done with using level instead - but for me using
resolution is easier because when editing a style-file I can assess the
outcome much easier than needing to remember with level is which
resolution. Also it's easier to play around with levels that way - the
only problem is that each time I would need to run a script to change
resolution 24 to 23 as I don't want to do this in the style-file I use
for editing itself as it's a way of no return if you want to have 23 and
24 in the map again)..
Or is it possible to replace just "resolution 24" in the style-file with
"level 0" while keeping all other at resolution ?? and still using the
options file to get the other resolution ?? assigned to their proper level?

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org