logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] barrier & access

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 2 15:15:39 BST 2014

Hi Minko,
> For instance this node you can pass with bicycle
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1258837342#map=17/52.05858/5.36603

I can't reproduce that in MapSource with r3160 and default style.  I am always routed to the
next junctions when using bicycle mode. In pedestrian mode I am routed through the barrier.

> What happens if you dont specify any rules after barrier=gate, given that link-pois-to-ways is active?
> Will it look at the tags that are specified on OSM and use the route restrictions accordingly that are hardcoded, or will it ignore those barriers in routing?
> Do I have to set motorcar=yes for my cycle map after barrier=bollard (because I dont use car navigation) if I want to use link-pois-to-ways?

Well, for the link-pois-to-ways option mkgmap evaluates the access tags beginning with mkgmap: and the
mkgmap:road-class and mkgmap:road-speed tags (including the min and max versions).
If it finds an access tag, it checks if the POI is more restrictive than the way. If yes, a routing restriction is created.
If it finds a tag like mkgmap:road-class or mkgmap:road-speed, it will use the corresponding values for a part of
the way near the  POI.

OK?

Gerd