logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restriction angle checks

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Apr 1 14:10:52 BST 2014

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 02:34:07PM +0200, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>>BTW, I accidentally loaded a relation somewhere in Russia and
>>downloaded the surroundings. There were lots of no_u_turn on every
>>crossing of a major road. That kind of micro-mapping does not exist
>>over here; I guess that mappers expect people to apply common sense
>>and not make a u-turn as soon as the navigator suggests it, no matter
>>what.

I found an example of this in Finland. IMO, these relations should
simply be ignored, maybe emitting a NOTE or INFO (not WARNING):

2014/04/01 08:03:24 SEVERE (RoadNetwork): 63240002.osm.pbf: Turn
restriction http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/1785864 (at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=60.224055&mlon=24.995477&zoom=17)
check special case from = to arc

Normally the navigator should not generate routes where you do a U-turn
like this. Even if it did, the driver should know to make the U-turn at
the next convenient place where it is both practical and not forbidden.

	Marko