logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Incorrect line number in error report

From Paulo Carvalho paulo.r.m.carvalho at gmail.com on Sun Mar 30 14:05:58 BST 2014

People,

   As I was experimenting with the style files, I introduced an error in
one of the rules.  Then mkgmap naturally reported an error at, say "line
60:20", but the error line was actually several lines further down, say
line number 73.
   I think mkgmap is skipping lines with comments #.....  or blank lines.
 I think comment or blank lines should be computed for line numbering
matter, which helps a lot in locating them in text editors.
   To reproduce the issue, just corrupt some rule (I experienced it in
inc/address file), taking note of its line number, and compile.

thanks,

Paulo