logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Restriction relations and additional (cycle) ways

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sat Mar 29 18:52:18 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

IMO it should goes like that:
- Each duplication of a road should duplicate restrictions.
- Any modification of access flags for original or duplicated roads
should be performed accordingly on restrictions.
- Redundant restrictions should be removed, this can happen because of
changes in access flags or when restriction goes wrong-way.

 > Assume that a via way of an only_left restriction has
 > also an opposite cycleway. Should mkgmap create
 > all possible combinations of restrictions to make sure that
 > also bicycles are only routed left ?

I don't understand this problem. If OSM restriction "only_left_turn"
include bicycle, then you should create Garmin restrictions to route
bicycles too.

I see your next post, will processing of restriction:bicycle solve this
question?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej