logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v5] correct make-cycleways

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 27 07:41:11 GMT 2014

Hi Andrzej,

> patch v7 solves problem with second cycleway, support for
> make-opposite-cycleways seems to be correct too.

puh :-)
Quite a lot of version for such a small patch ;-)

>  > The artificial cycleways have the tag mkgmap:synthesised=yes
>
> I can't guess how to use it. Could you provide an example?
no :-(

I thought that it could be done with a single ike this
highway=* & mkgmap:synthesised=yes & bicycle=yes [0x04 road_class=2 road_speed=3 resolution 24]

but we probably also want different road classes for the cycleways
depending on the highway=* tag value.

Maybe we can code a solution in the <finalize> section?
Something like
highway=* & mkgmap:synthesised=yes & mkgmap:bicycle=yes { set mkgmap:resolution-min = 24 }

That would work similar to the mkgmap:road-class-min=* tag.

The problem with this is that the original idea was that an  "Element type definition"
(the stuff in the square brakets) is a constant, and the code required to allow
tags like mkgmap:road-class-min=* is very error-prone.