logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v5] correct make-cycleways

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Mar 26 15:15:00 GMT 2014

On 26.03.2014 14:45, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> I would be glad to receive a patch for the default style
> that allows us to remove the make-cycleway option.
>
> Gerd

Well - I cannot help on the patch - but it would be great to have a
possibility to add in parts to a style based on commandline.

eg --insert-insert1;insert2;.... on commandline

in e.g. lines style:

includeoptional 'inc/insert1';

which will only be included, if it is specified in the mkgmap.jar command.
So the make-cycleway option then would be just another file (per above
example called insert1) in inc/ folder - but only called if given as
command. That way it would be also easier to quickly adapt the the style
for local requirements (e.g. in UK and many other countries bicycle=yes
is the default for highway=trunk, while bicycle=no is the default for
other countries if not given in osm). I do know that for local
requirements one could also put if:mkgmap:country=..... , but this gets
quite complicated quickly and it's quicker to do that via optional
include command.

- if we had that, than it would be easy to have the make-cycleways
option completely in the style.

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org