logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v4] distorted lines with make-opposite-cycleways

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Mar 25 13:38:34 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

 > maybe the order is important, but if that is the case,
 > we would have the same problem for cars if I change the order.

Yes, it is device which should resolve this problem. Maybe Garmin never
put 2 ways at the same place?

 > It would be interesting to know how Garmin maps look
 > like in this region.

No opposite cycleways on Garmin maps. Garmin offers only detours.

I have tested patch-v4 and a map of Poland in BaseCamp. I have created a
longer route, which can include opposite cycleway. This route is
correct, it uses cycleway for bicycle and detour for cars.

I think that even in bicycle mode, devices use road class and speed. And
faster road is preferred over road designated as bicycle only. That
makes difficult to create a map with good routing for both: cars and
bicycles. Probably opposite cycleway is the best that we can have now.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej