logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] dissapearing roads

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Mar 24 18:13:33 GMT 2014

Hi Andrtzej,

we are not talking about routable ways here, just
lines at rather low resolutions.

The problem is caused by the fact that our DP algo
calculates the perpendicular distance to the line
created by start and end point of a line.
In case of a horizontal line with points a,b,c,d,c,b
it calculates distance 0 for the points c and d and removes them.
What we need is an algo that computes the
shortest distance between a point and the line  a.

Working on that...

Gerd