logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Version r3118 error compared to r2718 0x6508 self answered

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sun Mar 23 13:55:27 GMT 2014

Hi Bret,

 > So looks like somewhere on the line the logic in mkgmap was
 > strengthen to pick up what would be a logic error by having POI
 > in polygons.

When you put a definition in "polygons" file, then mkgmap creates a
polygon from this definition. I assume that poi was what you needed, so
moving definition to "points" corrected your problem.

There was a change in mkgmap in release about 29xx, which disallowed for
wrong types in a style. Actually 0x6508 is wrong value for a polygon. I
think earlier version of mkgmap silently converted this value to 0x65,
which allowed for compilation but could create other map than expected.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej