logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap and route restrictions

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 20 17:41:22 GMT 2014

Hi WanMil,

WanMil wrote
>> Hi all,
>>
>> looking at the 4 node restrictions I think I found a general bug in
>> mkgmap:
>>
>> Both with polish (.mp) format and with OSM data we compute the
>> routing nodes for which the restriction shoud be applied.
>> In a second step we compute the arcs between these nodes.
>> In this 2nd step we ignore the information about roads given with
>> TRAFFROADS in polish format or the from,via, and to roles in OSM data.
>>
>> In the mkgmap algo, we just select the first direct arc (means: peace of
>> road) between the nodes.
>> If the nodes are connected with multiple arcs on different roads, this
>> probably is too lazy, although it will not fail very often.
>>
>> I have to rewrite most of the code reg. restrictions to correct this..
>>
>> Gerd
>
> Hi Gerd,
>
> can you give an example?
>
> Thanks!
> WanMil

I noticed the possible error by looking at the code, I don't
have an example.
The probem may appear wherever two nodes are connected with
different roads.

Assume road r1 with nodes a,b, and c and road r2 with nodes b and c,
both are connected to road r3 with nodes c and d.
A restriction exists with from=r2 and to=r3 and via=c.
Depending on the ids of the roads, mkgmap might
create a wrong restriction using road r1 and r3.